Steps to Becoming a Missouri Reading Initiative School:
- Evaluate your school's current needs in literacy, review student outcome data, curriculum, and instructional strengths and concerns.
- Learn about the Missouri Reading Initiative, originally initiated by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Contact or visit current or former participating schools.
- Discuss with your staff the potential of a collaborative partnership with the Missouri Reading Initiative to improve instructional practices in literacy.
- Assess the level of willingness to participate among your staff.
- Submit an application.
Mail Application to:
Missouri Reading Initiative
1409 West Sunshine
Springfield, MO 65807